Interserve NZ currently has two short-term team trips planned for early 2014. If neither of these are suitable for you, however, and if your youth group, church or ministry is interested in sending a team to an area of the Asia or the Arab world, and would like to partner with us to achieve that, please do contact us.
There may also be possibilities to join short-term teams that have been organised by Interserve offices in other nations. As any such opportunities arise, we will post them here, so be sure to bookmark this page, or contact us to sign up to receive information on any upcoming team trips.
Learn more about our On Track programme
Learn more about On Track Plus
Christian Ministry Study Tour of the Middle East (9-23 November 2013)Interserve would like to invite all Pastors, Bible Teachers, Church and Ministry Leaders on a tour of a lifetime to the Middle East. Come and discover the Christian Church of the Middle East and the opportunities and challenges of Arab Christian ministry in a Muslim context. The tour leaders will be Norm Tucker (Regional Director of Interserve SA/NT, Australia) and Graeme Dunkley (Principal of Northreach Bible College, Townsville, Australia).
Participants will have the opportunity to:
· Meet and share with Arab pastors and ministry leaders
· Explore Biblical themes through Middle Eastern eyes
· Hear about the opportunities and challenges of Arab Christian ministry in a Muslim context
· Learn about Islam from within its heartland from experienced tour leaders and from those working in the Middle East
· Hear about ministry to Muslims first hand
· Visit historical sites in Bible lands
· Discuss the challenges of living as Christians under persecution
· Take the opportunity to encourage pastors and ministry leaders of the persecuted church
· Discover more about the ancient Christian churches of the Middle East and learn from their approaches to issues like suffering, poverty, and keeping the faith under persecution
The tour will include six full days in Egypt and in Jordan. Cost is approximately AUD $2,600 (land costs only). Click here for the flier, and contact us to register your interest.
South Asia Medical Team (January 2014)Interserve and Christian Medical Fellowship NZ invite you to take part in a short-term medical mission to South Asia. Join senior medics and fellow students in exploring how medical mission works - an incredible faith adventure not to be missed. For more information on how to join this trip, or to even instigate another medical mission trip, please contact us. Not able to go yourself, but know someone who may be interested? Click here to download an emailable flier.
North Africa Team Mission (January 2014)You are invited to take part in a short-term mission trip to North Africa. You will be teaching conversational English to university students, and sharing Christ's love in practical ways. Training and orientation will be provided. Limited places available, so contact us today to learn more. Not able to go yourself, but know someone who may be interested? Click here to download an emailable flier.